7.06.2007

The Ubiquitous iPhone

Well, I'm sure we all knew it would happen sooner or later. Frankly, I'm quite proud of him for waiting a week. Today, Isaac got an iPhone. At first I thought he was crazy, but after playing with it for a couple of minutes, I have to admit - it's pretty freakin' cool. If I were so inclined to spend $500 on something other than new clothes, shoes, or glasses (yes, eyeglasses), I'd totally get one just to use for everything it does besides the phone. I'd never switch over to AT&T for it, but I would use it to play music, store and look at photos, go on the web, write e-mail, and use for the calendar and calculator. Basically everything else it does that you don't need phone service for. The touch screen is really cool (though I forsee women with long fingernails having big problems with it - you need to use your actual fingertip), and the way you can slide through stuff is awesome. Using it is very intuitive, just like any good Apple product. It's also a lot thinner and smaller than I expected. Based on my initial observations, I give it a resounding A+. Oh wait, make that an A- for the price. Although, it would be cheaper to get an iPhone than to get a whole new computer, now that my logic board has died again. Hmmm...

No comments: